Asmongold asks Twitch for more money as fans predict he’ll move to Kick


Is Kick really a viable Twitch rival when we’re only just now hearing about it? (pic: Asmongold)

Kick’s generous revenue splits could win over more Twitch streamers like Asmongold, but that’s also what attracts scepticism.

Have you ever heard of Kick? Possibly not, as it’s quite new, but it’s already become a viable alternative to Twitch, because it supposedly offers a better revenue split for streamers and more freedom in what they can show.

Adin Ross made a big song and dance about transitioning to Kick because Twitch kept banning him (and allegedly threatened to ‘silence’ him) and, on Kick, he can do whatever he wants and ‘Nobody can get f***ing banned.’

Over a week later and he’s already permanently ditched Twitch for Kick (announcing it via a bizarre LeBron James parody sketch rather than just tweeting it) and it seems fellow streamer Asmongold could be tempted to follow suit, unless Twitch actively convinces him to stay.

During one of his Twitch streams, Asmongold discussed the benefits of moving to Kick, chief among them being that it offers better pay. Whereas Twitch’s revenue split is an even 50/50, Kick reportedly will only take 5% of a streamer’s revenue, letting them keep the remaining 95%.

‘Why would you not move to Kick?’ Asmongold asked. ‘You get paid more money and you have people that still watch you. Why would anybody stay on Twitch with 50-50 and also you’re less likely to get banned?’

He didn’t provide a straight answer when asked if he would follow Ross’ example and ditch Twitch for Kick, although it does sound like he’ll at least consider it if Twitch can’t give him a better offer.

‘Look, Twitch, that would be cool if you guys paid me to stay,’ he said. ‘That would be really cool. How about, just give me money.’

Does this mean Kick could eventually overthrow Twitch? Not everyone thinks so.

Back when Kick debuted, last December, Marcus ‘djWHEAT’ Graham, a former member of Twitch’s founding team, called Kick ‘a sham.’

He also claimed that Kick has ties with a crypto gambling site called Stake, citing a report by Dexerto.

‘There are so many red flags present that it is embarrassing watching people who I respect give this platform an ounce of credibility,’ he tweeted.

‘This effort is a poor attempt to provide a place that is gamba [sic] friendly and Stake favoured while trying to cater to creators by playing to their most significant pain points with Twitch, rev splits and the disconnection with community.’

Email [email protected], leave a comment below, and follow us on Twitter.

MORE : xQc rage quits Elden Ring tourney and uninstalls game

MORE : Kai Cenat denies performing sex act in front of 100,000 Twitch viewers

MORE : JenFoxxUwU says Amouranth is ‘more sexual’ than ever on Twitch – ‘it’s an absolute joke’

Follow Metro Gaming on Twitter and email us at [email protected]

To submit Inbox letters and Reader’s Features more easily, without the need to send an email, just use our Submit Stuff page here.

For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.

window.fbApi = (function () {
var fbApiInit = false;
var awaitingReady = [];

var notifyQ = function () {
var i = 0,
l = awaitingReady.length;
for (i = 0; i < l; i++) {

var ready = function (cb) {
if (fbApiInit) {
} else {

var checkLoaded = function () {
return fbApiInit;

window.fbAsyncInit = function () {
appId: '176908729004638',
xfbml: true,
version: 'v2.10'

fbApiInit = true;

return {
'ready' : ready,
'loaded' : checkLoaded


(function () {
function injectFBSDK() {
if ( window.fbApi && window.fbApi.loaded() ) return;

var d = document,
id = 'facebook-jssdk';
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) {
js = d.createElement(s); = id;
js.async = true;
js.src = "";
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

if (window.metro) {
window.addEventListener('scroll', injectFBSDK, {once: true, passive: true});
} else {
window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', injectFBSDK, {once: true});

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More